Data Center Engineer
About The Position
Perfecto Mobile is looking for bright and talented people in every position. We believe that a great work environment is vital to the growth of our employees and the business as a whole.
- Deploy new mini servers into the Perfecto production environment
- Remote management of servers.
- Troubleshooting computer configuration, network and Mobile device issues.
- Connect mobile devices to Perfecto Handset Servers and validate functionality
- Drive new deployments for customer mobile device and web solution requests
- Device and Operating System upgrades (Windows, Linux, OSX and Mobile devices)
- Update Mobile device firmware and software.
- Maintain inventory database
- Create and maintain procedures and technical documentation.
- Documentation of problems and their resolution to assist in future efforts.
- Effectively communicate status to customers and internal staff
- Interface with other DCO (Data Center Operations) support teams, both local and remote, to implement new hardware and devices into the production environment, as well as work on standards, resolve issues and assist with the implementation of new technologies in the global Data Centers
- On-Boarding of new systems and devices into Perfecto Mobile, Partner, or customers’ data centers and lab environments.
- Promote professional management and appearance of all data center cabling and assets
- Use of Salesforce ticketing system to respond to trouble issues and to track efforts
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform routine as well as technical tasks.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux. Understanding of basic Windows registry and Windows event log analysis.
- Basic networking sills a plus
- Ability to learn new technologies and technical concepts quickly.
- PC literate – MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access- an advantage
- Detail oriented
- High organizational ability: able to work and follow processes by instructions and methods.
- Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills.
- Experience with trouble ticketing and change management tools.
- Managed Service experience preferred.
- Excellent English - written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively communicate with international colleagues, customers and partners.
- Energetic individual who thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent customer skills are required.
- Ability to work nights, weekend, and holidays as needed during crunch times.
- Be open to occasional travel to our Phoenix data center, and potentially other data center locations in other countries